>> Hello Flashbacks <<
Do I sound like my mother yet? (Yes, I do) Per Kessler child usual, we'll take the bad news first so we get to end on a high note. At least there's actually good news this time... My mom used to just dish major bad news then follow up with "but the good news is I love you."
- I'm starting to get **the feels** about leaving all of my best friends for a year.
- Summer got away from me, and I forgot to learn survival French... time to hammer on Duolingo, but it's probably too late. (10/10 would recommend Duolingo to learn a foreign language by the way)
- Honors Scholars is going to Toronto over Fall Break, and I wish I could be in two places at once to join them because it's a place I've been dying to go with a community I love spending time with.
- Great Books in the fall with Honors Scholars is studying 'the effect of screen culture on our lives', and there's nothing that I can do from afar to replace those stimulating conversations
- I need a haircut, and I HATE letting people cut my hair... (doesn't really belong on this list, but I needed to vent)
- EM Strasbourg sent me information about orientation procedures, and I didn't mess up anything... It may be unwarranted, but I'm pretty proud of myself.
- Run Away Day (fly out day, August 27th) is quickly approaching, and my biggest remaining stressor is what to pack which means I must have most of my bases covered.
- I have an interview with Owens Corning this week, so I may land an internship for next summer before I even leave which would be clutch!
- Habitat is going to be working with Best Friend Kelsey to organize a rivalry event between UT and BGSU, and I could not be more excited to pass on the torch working which such an outstanding organization!
- I'm using a buddy pass with Delta to fly to France (thank you brother's best friend), so a perk of that is free additional checked luggage. I CAN PACK LIKE A DIVA NOW, YAY! (And I might not wear my parka and boots to the airport on August 27th... bigger yay!)
- The orientation outline I received from EM Strasbourg shows that topics like phone plans, banks, and more will be covered in our orientation information. This means I can convince my mother that I have decent reason to inform myself of some of my options, but wait until I'm in France to get some details nailed down.
- Will, a hometown best friend, is likely visiting me in Strasbourg during Ohio State University's spring break!
"Wander with wonder and the whole world becomes home"-Tyler Knott Gregson
|Can't wait to see if French crêpes top NYC's|
P.s. Mom's not very sentimental, so I have to be sentimental for myself... I've been organizing some old photos, and check out these finest moments to get a glimpse into my childhood.
|Big brother's come in handy here and there (:|
|Our neighborhood kids loved the "fort" my dad built in our backyard, and Mom caught us taking a break from kickball for this picture.|
|Every weekend of my early childhood was spent at some type of sporting event.|
|This is the best we could do, sorry Momma. And thanks for sewing the matching Christmas dresses.|
|Murph's Camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is quite rustic, but since this picture they have added plumbing... What luxury!|
|Vacations to Venice Beach, FL were great for lizard hunting, and plagued by awkward phases.|